Senior Sales Representative
Senior Sales Representative.
Posted: 15/11/2021, applications close: 15/12/2021, start date: January 2022
Who We Are
We are Electric Bear Brewing Co., a craft brewery based in Bath, South West UK. We started brewing in 2015 and have grown steadily and organically since then supplying beer locally, nationally throughout the UK, and also overseas in a number of countries in the EU and further afield.
Since the easing of Covid restrictions in early 2021 we have been busy re-establishing our focus on our trade and wholesale customers. We aim to continue our steady organic growth and build on our reputation by expanding our amazing team with a salesperson who loves and understands what we do, and who can nurture and build lasting and fruitful relationships with customers who we already know, and those that we are yet to meet.
You will be working independently to grow the trade sales channel, but very much as part of the brewery team. You will report to the Managing Director and Head Brewer. Your role will be to focus on building sales of our beer in kegs and cans in our heartland of the South West around Bath and Bristol, and further afield into South Wales, South Coast, South Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, the M4 corridor and beyond. In addition, you will work with existing national wholesalers and explore new opportunities and develop new channels in the wholesale and export markets.
We are looking for a key person who can bring experience and a genuine passion for craft beer along with an ability and a personality that will help us build and nurture great relationships with our customers. We love our customers to love us and the beer we make, and that will be your guiding philosophy. We are focussed on the next phase of our growth, and you will play a key role in our journey.
This is a full-time role.
● Work with the sales team, senior brew team and management to define, refine and implement our sales strategy, targets and KPIs
● Work with our teams to achieve your targets, providing weekly reporting, analysis and feedback
● Take on existing accounts and build on those relationships – understand how our customers work and what they need, and how we can do even more with them
● Research, find and build new business relationships with on and off-trade customers, wholesalers and export customers
● Represent the brewery at national and occasionally international events
Who You Are
● You must be personable and intelligent, with a demonstrable knowledge of, and passion for, craft beer
● You must be resilient, independent, flexible and adaptable and able to work as part of a team as well as on your own
● You should be able to demonstrate an ability to sell, ideally in the craft beer sector
● Sales experience, ideally in craft beer or a similar sector. Experience with wholesale and/or export would be a real advantage.
● A passion and knowledge of craft beer
● Amazing customer-facing skills
● A willingness to work hard and go the extra mile
● Ability to use face-to-face meetings, Zoom, phone and social media channels to sell and communicate effectively
● Prepared to work some evenings, and stay away from home on customer visits on occasion
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Good Excel and computer skills
● Full, clean UK Driving Licence
● Based in the South West, within commutable distance of the brewery in Bath
● Competitive salary, with profit-share bonus scheme
● Company vehicle
● Company laptop & mobile
If this sounds like your dream job, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org